Who founded verbal judo?
George J. Thompson is the President and Founder of the Verbal Judo Institute, a tactical training and management firm based in Auburn, NY. He has trained more than 700,000 police, corrections, and security professionals and his Verbal Judo course is required in numerous states.
Does Verbal Judo work?
According to a recent Rutgers University Study, only 3 percent of interaction in law enforcement is physical, with the other 97 percent being verbal. This makes Verbal Judo a valuable tool for both security and law enforcement.
What are three benefits of using the principles of verbal judo?
- Officer Safety – Remain Calm.
- Enhanced Professionalism – Calm Others.
- Reduced Personal Stress (at home and at work)
- Decrease Complaints.
- Decrease Vicarious Liability.
- Court Power.
- Improved Morale.
What are the five universal truths?
1) People feel the need to be respected 2) People would rather be asked than be told 3) People have a desire to know why 4) People prefer to have options over threats 5 ) People want to have a second chance. Find this Pin and more on Leadership by Jay Mandel.
Why is judo a tool used by the law enforcement?
Pain compliance is used on resisting subject that is temporary and safe to the subject. These techniques used by policing are quite clearly evolved from judo techniques. Also, high risk and combative arrests are done when the subject is on the ground.
What does judo mean?
Judo (柔道, jūdō, Japanese pronunciation: [dʑɯꜜːdoː], lit. “gentle way”) is generally categorized as a modern Japanese martial art, which has since evolved into a combat and Olympic sport. The sport was created in 1882 by Jigoro Kano (嘉納治五郎) as a physical, mental, and moral pedagogy in Japan.
How do cops talk to each other?
Most states or regions have mutual aid radio systems that allow officers from different agencies to communicate with one another directly. If the state police are operating with VHF radios and the local cops use UHF, one or the other has to carry a separate radio to send and receive on the other frequency.
What is the major advantage to engaging in verbal judo tactics and techniques?
Verbal Judo is a highly effective communication system originally developed for police officers to peacefully de-escalate situations and resolve conflicts through empathy and subtle communications tactics.
What are the 7 truths?
7 Truths of Life
- We Live the Lives We Create for Ourselves. Perhaps the greatest lesson anyone can learn is to take responsibility for their own life.
- Our Self Worth Should Come From Within.
- Now Is All There Is.
- Busy Does Not Equal Productive.
- Nothing Holds Us Back Like Fear.
- Change is Inevitable.
- Life Is Short.
What is the 3 universal truths?
The Three Universal Truths: 1. Everything is impermanent and changing 2. Impermanence leads to suffering, making life imperfect 3. The self is not personal and unchanging.
What are some examples of universal truths?
Give some examples of universal truth.
- In the East, the sun rises and falls in the West.
- The earth is revolving around the sun.
- Humans are mortals.
- Changing is nature’s law.
- Water is tasteless, colourless and odourless.