How do you pack a GI?
- Put your folded pants over your open jacket.
- Fold the jacket sides over the pants, then fold back the sleeves.
- Roll up the jacket/pants from the bottom.
- Tie your belt around the gi sausage.
- Swing over your shoulder and travel the world!
What side do stripes go on BJJ belt?
In our academy, our head instructor wears his stripes on his left side, so we wear ours on our left side as well. GM Helio Gracie wears his on his right side.
How do you tie gi pants?
JIU JITSU 101: HOW TO TIE YOUR JIU JITSU PANTS
- Pull both drawstrings away from your body until the waist band is snug. Some people like to go extra snug which really insures the pants will stay in place.
- Feed drawstring ends through the belt loops towards the middle of the pants.
- Tie a knot and if you desire cut off any excess length of drawstring.
How do you fold a GI backpack?
For the backpack fold, you start by spreading your Gi wide open on the floor or a table. next, fold the pants lengthwise once and put them inside your BJJ Gi top and fold the bottom inwards, so that it fits the top. Then you proceed to flap the lapels over, just like when wearing the Gi.