What are karate belt colors?
There are 6 belt colors: white belt, orange belt, blue belt, yellow belt, green belt, brown belt, and black belt. All belts besides the white belt can have dashes to indicate further progress. Here is a summary of the different karate belts.
How long is a karate belt?
|Size||Length (IN)||Length (CM)|
How do you put on an obi belt?
How To Tie An Obi (Karate Belt )
- Find the middle of your obi by folding it in half.
- Wrap the belt around you, crossing over in the back, and bringing the ends around to your front.
- Overlap the ends (left over right) keeping the end with the tag on top.
- Without twisting the belt, tuck the top (tag end) under the belt and pull both ends tight.
Can you wash karate belts?
We recommend that you don’t wash your martial arts belt due to possible shrinkage. Try using packaging tape to lift surface dirt from your belt. If you must wash your belt: First, wash separately in warm water on gentle cycle with mild detergent and fabric softener if desired ( DO NOT use bleach).
How do you get a black belt?
Black Belt Requirements
- There must be a minimum of 2 months between your last promotion and this one.
- You must have a minimum of 8 classes in the month preceding your promotion.
- You must know all 3 Student Creeds.
- Below 18 yrs.
- You must make both and A and B class during Stripe Test/ Belt Test Week.
- You must attend the Graduation Ceremony.