How do I pack my GI?
- Put your folded pants over your open jacket.
- Fold the jacket sides over the pants, then fold back the sleeves.
- Roll up the jacket/pants from the bottom.
- Tie your belt around the gi sausage.
- Swing over your shoulder and travel the world!
What side do stripes go on BJJ belt?
In our academy, our head instructor wears his stripes on his left side, so we wear ours on our left side as well. GM Helio Gracie wears his on his right side.
How do you fold a GI backpack?
For the backpack fold, you start by spreading your Gi wide open on the floor or a table. next, fold the pants lengthwise once and put them inside your BJJ Gi top and fold the bottom inwards, so that it fits the top. Then you proceed to flap the lapels over, just like when wearing the Gi.
What comes after purple belt?
The IBJJF requires that students be at least 18 years old and recommends they have spent a minimum of 18 months as a purple belt to be eligible for a brown belt. The IBJJF requires a practitioner to train at the brown belt level for a minimum of one year before ascending to black belt.
How do you size a GI?
- TOO SMALL. Gi cuff is more than 2 inches before the wrist bone. It is considered too short.
- CORRECT SIZE. Gi cuff is right on the wrist bone or about 1.5 inches before or past the wrist bone.
- SLIGHTLY BIG. Gi cuff is about 2-3 inches past the wrist bone.
- TOO BIG. Gi cuff is more than 3 inches past the wrist bone.
How do you clean a GI?
How to wash a BJJ gi
- Wash your gi immediately after training.
- Always wash your belt.
- Scrub stains with running cold water immediately before washing.
- Avoid bleach.
- Turn your gi inside out before washing.
- Wash in cold water on a gentle setting.
- If you’re washing your gi with other clothes, only wash with similar colours.