How do you fold a GI?
Two simple ways of folding your gi – just like the Japanese. Instructions:
- Put your folded pants over your open jacket.
- Fold the jacket sides over the pants, then fold back the sleeves.
- Roll up the jacket/pants from the bottom.
- Tie your belt around the gi sausage.
- Swing over your shoulder and travel the world!
How do you fold a GI backpack?
For the backpack fold, you start by spreading your Gi wide open on the floor or a table. next, fold the pants lengthwise once and put them inside your BJJ Gi top and fold the bottom inwards, so that it fits the top. Then you proceed to flap the lapels over, just like when wearing the Gi.
How do you tie gi pants?
JIU JITSU 101: HOW TO TIE YOUR JIU JITSU PANTS
- Pull both drawstrings away from your body until the waist band is snug. Some people like to go extra snug which really insures the pants will stay in place.
- Feed drawstring ends through the belt loops towards the middle of the pants.
- Tie a knot and if you desire cut off any excess length of drawstring.
Do you wear shorts under your GI?
Let’s start with underwear. Yes, you need to wear underwear under your gi pants. But if you only have old fashioned cotton underwear or briefs, that will do just fine as well. It’s also not uncommon to wear compression pants or fight shorts under your kimono.
Do you iron your GI?
Do not iron over a gi. This can damage or ruin your gi fabric and patches. If you really want to iron your gi, turn it inside out and avoid ironing over patches.
How do you take care of a GI?
Here are six steps to help you keep your gi looking, feeling, and smelling as good as possible for as long as possible.
- Invest in a good gi.
- Air dry your gi after training.
- Check your gi for any stains or tears.
- Wash your gi in cold water.
- Don’t bleach your gi!
- Hang to dry.
How do you wash a karate gi?
Here are some tips for keeping your gi as fresh and clean as possible for as long as possible.
- Don’t leave it in your gear bag.
- Check for any stains or tears.
- Wash after each use.
- Do not bleach your karate uniform!
- Use a cold water wash.
- Hang to dry.
- The finishing touches.