How do you fold a GI?
Two simple ways of folding your gi – just like the Japanese. Instructions:
- Put your folded pants over your open jacket.
- Fold the jacket sides over the pants, then fold back the sleeves.
- Roll up the jacket/pants from the bottom.
- Tie your belt around the gi sausage.
- Swing over your shoulder and travel the world!
How do you fold a GI backpack?
For the backpack fold, you start by spreading your Gi wide open on the floor or a table. next, fold the pants lengthwise once and put them inside your BJJ Gi top and fold the bottom inwards, so that it fits the top. Then you proceed to flap the lapels over, just like when wearing the Gi.
How do you tie gi pants?
JIU JITSU 101: HOW TO TIE YOUR JIU JITSU PANTS
- Pull both drawstrings away from your body until the waist band is snug. Some people like to go extra snug which really insures the pants will stay in place.
- Feed drawstring ends through the belt loops towards the middle of the pants.
- Tie a knot and if you desire cut off any excess length of drawstring.
How do you wear a judo belt?
A Judo uniform belt should be tied in the following order.
- ① Place the belt center at the front.
- ② Wrap the belt around the body with the two ends crossing at the back.
- ③ Bring the two ends to the front and make the first tie.
- ④ Make the second tie so that the belt ends are facing toward the sides.