What is the name for a karate uniform?
Karategi (空手着 or 空手衣) is the formal Japanese name for the traditional uniform used for Karate practice and competition. A karategi is somewhat similar to a judogi (柔道着 or 柔道衣, Judo uniform) as it shares a common origin; however, the material and cut of the uniform is generally much lighter and looser fitting.
How do I pack my GI?
- Put your folded pants over your open jacket.
- Fold the jacket sides over the pants, then fold back the sleeves.
- Roll up the jacket/pants from the bottom.
- Tie your belt around the gi sausage.
- Swing over your shoulder and travel the world!